The Alaska Carpenter Trust Funds was established to provide medical, retirement and defined contribution benefits for their eligible members and their dependents through the collective bargaining process.
This site provides general benefit information, forms and other Trust related items. Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) and Glossary of Terms can be reviewed here.
May 2023 - Plan Changes Due to the End of the COVID-19 National Emergency
The following Plan changes related to COVID-19 coverage became effective May 11, 2023 with the end of the COVID-19 National Public Health Emergency:
- Vaccines from in-network medical or pharmacy providers will continue to be covered under preventative services at 100% and at no cost to you. Vaccines from out-of-network medical or pharmacy providers will be covered according to Plan terms.
- COVID-19 tests from in-network providers will be covered, subject to normal Plan terms, such as deductibles and co-insurance requirements. COVID-19 tests from out-of-network providers will not be covered.
- Over-the-counter COVID-19 tests will no longer be covered.
During the COVID-19 national emergency, a number of time periods for taking Trust-related actions was extended to the lesser of one year or 60 days after the COVID-19 national emergency ends (July 10, 2023). Accordingly, as of July 11, 2023, the following time limits will revert to their normal lengths, as indicated in your Plan Booklet:
- The 30-day period or 60-day period to request HIPAA special enrollment for you or your dependents.
- The 60-day period for electing COBRA continuation coverage after a qualifying event.
- The period for making COBRA premium payments (45 days after election for first payment or end of the month for which coverage is sought for subsequent payments.)
- The 60-day period to notify the Plan of COBRA qualifying events involving divorce, legal separation, a child’s loss of dependent status, or disability determinations.
- The date within which individuals must file a benefit claim appeal under the Plan’s claims procedures (180 days after denial).
- The deadline for requesting external review for adverse benefits determinations involving medical judgment (4 months after denial of claim appeal).
March 2022 - Recordkeeper Change
Effective May 2, 2022, the recordkeeper for the Alaska Carpenters Defined Contribution Trust Fund will be Milliman. Please read this notice for more information.